Tuesday, August 11, 2009

16 and Pregnant Broke my Heart







I was watching 16 and pregnant's 4th episode on MTV. I'd have to say that I've never been so moved and upset about the hardships that surround helpless teen mom's going through unexpected pregnancies. I never thought I would be so upset about this issue but something hit a spark when 16 year old cried when she couldn't fit into her prom dress.

This episode Ebony lives at home to take care of her new baby. She finds that she is hopelessly let with no eduction and must now forget her dreams of working in the Air Force. Her resources were so limited she was forced to depend on an irresponsible father. In sacrifice of her career and ultimatly her life she hopes to raise a beautiful baby. I feel that if young woman make the decisison to keep there children there should be more options available as far as child care and finances, I'm sure even social councilling would help. In this paticular case Ebony was issolated and abandoned by her friends and boyfriend.

With the Up and Coming event soon to come I am looking for a charitable organization we can work with to raise funds to help aid single mothers. Just a thought. Let me know if you know of any useful agencies out there for Toronto young mothers.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Lotus Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger